A surprising city climbs into the No. 1 spot this year.
In fact, no Canadian city cracks a list of the 10 most expensive cities in the world, a rundown compiled each year by the Economist Intelligence Unit. The EIU looked at the prices for everyday items like a bottle of wine, a loaf of bread and a litre of fuel. Click through to find the costliest places in the world to live.
* A cost of living score has been given to each city on this list, relative to a benchmark score of 100 representing New York City. A cost of living score of 110, for example, would mean the city is ten per cent more expensive to live in than New York City.
** All prices in USD.
* Bing: How to save on airfare
Sept. 18 (Bloomberg) -- SAP SE, the biggest maker of business-management software, agreed to buy Concur Technologies in a deal valued at $8.3 billion, ... More Sept. 18 (Bloomberg) -- SAP SE, the biggest maker of business-management software, agreed to buy Concur Technologies in a deal valued at $8.3 billion, bolstering its cloud business. Cory Johnson has more on "Taking Stock." (Source: Bloomberg)
Date 46 mins ago, Duration 2:26, Views 0
Have your say
How long does it take you to completely unpack after moving in?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- 3 days – I'm an unpacking MACHINE!
- I need a full month just to figure out where to put everything!
- 3 months – I use the boxes as end tables!
- NEVER! I still haven't unpacked everything from the last move.