Do the residents of Nunavut really pay a lot when compared to the rest of Canada?
The numbers coming out of Nunavut last week were staggering: $14 for two litres of milk; $19.29 for a jug of orange juice; $104.99 for one measly case of water. It's no wonder residents have taken to protesting, crying out over the high prices for food.
In Nunavut, food is expensive, but how much does it cost in the rest of the country? With data from Statistics Canada, here's how food prices stack up among the nation's provinces and territories.
* StatsCan data current as of the latest comprehensive nationwide survey, conducted in 2009.
* Bing: Tips to trim your grocery budget
Aug. 29 (Bloomberg) –- Retired U.S. Army General Wesley Clark discusses President Obama’s strategy in dealing with the Islamic State in Iraq and the si... More Aug. 29 (Bloomberg) –- Retired U.S. Army General Wesley Clark discusses President Obama’s strategy in dealing with the Islamic State in Iraq and the situation in Ukraine. He speaks on "Street Smart." (Source: Bloomberg)
Date 19 hrs ago, Duration 5:43, Views 506
Have your say
How long does it take you to completely unpack after moving in?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- 3 days – I'm an unpacking MACHINE!
- I need a full month just to figure out where to put everything!
- 3 months – I use the boxes as end tables!
- NEVER! I still haven't unpacked everything from the last move.