A look back at the unbelievable wealth of the richest people throughout history.
Today, according to Forbes’ latest rich list, the wealthiest man on earth is Carlos Slim, he of the $69 billion (as of March 2012) Mexican telecom fortune. A staggering net worth, to be sure, but how does it rank when viewed through the lens of history?
The folks at CelebrityNetWorth.com recently compiled a list of the richest people that ever lived, gathering a group of well-known luminaries and translating their wealth into today’s dollars*. The rundown features names you know well, though no women, and no tycoons, tyrants or royals who are still alive today. Who, then, was the richest person of all-time? Click through to find out.
* Where dollars were not used as a measuring stick, the most recent price for precious metals, like gold, were considered. All figures in this feature are in USD.
* Bing: How to become a millionaire
Sept. 18 (Bloomberg) -- SAP SE, the biggest maker of business-management software, agreed to buy Concur Technologies in a deal valued at $8.3 billion, ... More Sept. 18 (Bloomberg) -- SAP SE, the biggest maker of business-management software, agreed to buy Concur Technologies in a deal valued at $8.3 billion, bolstering its cloud business. Cory Johnson has more on "Taking Stock." (Source: Bloomberg)
Date 13 hrs ago, Duration 2:26, Views 55
Have your say
How long does it take you to completely unpack after moving in?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- 3 days – I'm an unpacking MACHINE!
- I need a full month just to figure out where to put everything!
- 3 months – I use the boxes as end tables!
- NEVER! I still haven't unpacked everything from the last move.