From islands to yachts, the world’s wealthy have indulged in some expensive toys.
Art, diamonds and platinum rings, these may be a billionaire's favourite things. Indeed, spending a couple hundred grand here or there might be how our wealthiest spend their Tuesdays, but how, truly, do they splurge?
Wealth-X, a firm that measures how the world's personal fortunes are spent, recently released a list of the 10 most expensive things ever bought by the world's billionaires. Private islands and coastal estates are a staple, sure, but if there's one thing you'll learn here, it's that you ain't much unless you've got a yacht to sail.
* All figures in USD. All personal wealth estimates sourced by Wealth-X.
Aug. 29 (Bloomberg) -- Bloomberg’s Scarlet Fu reports on today's top headlines on “Bloomberg Surveillance.” (Source: Bloomberg)
Date 31 mins ago, Duration 0:43, Views 0
Have your say
How long does it take you to completely unpack after moving in?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- 3 days – I'm an unpacking MACHINE!
- I need a full month just to figure out where to put everything!
- 3 months – I use the boxes as end tables!
- NEVER! I still haven't unpacked everything from the last move.