The stories behind how iconic companies, from Starbuck's Coffee to Reebok, chose their names.
Chances are you've never stood in a Walmart and said, Hey, I wonder why it's called that. Surely, by now you know the tale of the powerful Walton family and its line of eponymous superstores founded in the 1960s.
But not all companies simply take their founder's name and call it a day. Wonder why 7-Eleven is called what it is, or what Coca-Cola truly means? Click through to read the stories behind the names of some of today's largest businesses.
* Bing: How to name your business
Sept. 22 (Bloomberg) -- Bloomberg's Douglas Lavanture discusses the performance of airline stocks with Julie Hyman on "Street Smart." (Source: Bloomberg)
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 2:42, Views 11
Have your say
How long does it take you to completely unpack after moving in?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- 3 days – I'm an unpacking MACHINE!
- I need a full month just to figure out where to put everything!
- 3 months – I use the boxes as end tables!
- NEVER! I still haven't unpacked everything from the last move.