Rankings out of 190 cities:
Affordable housing: 87
Household income: 31
Discretionary income: 11
New cars on road: 149
Job prospects: 17
Population growth: 17
Doctors per 1,000: 72
Low crime: 168
Walk or bike to work: 126
Health professionals: 42
The crime rate ranks among the country's worst, but that hasn't stopped people from moving to Red Deer. In the decade between 2001 and 2011, the city added more than 20,000 people to its population. One reason for the population boom is a low unemployment rate that leaves Red Deer locals with cash to burn.
* Bing: Crime trends in Red Deer
Aug.22 -- Bloomberg “Money Clip” Host Adam Johnson reports on some tennis stars loading up on the calories before the U.S. Open. (Source: Bloomberg)
Date 8 hrs ago, Duration 0:46, Views 161
Have your say
How long does it take you to completely unpack after moving in?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- 3 days – I'm an unpacking MACHINE!
- I need a full month just to figure out where to put everything!
- 3 months – I use the boxes as end tables!
- NEVER! I still haven't unpacked everything from the last move.