A Baltimore TV producer told Oprah that she was ‘unfit for television news.’
Evening news reporter Oprah Winfrey couldn't help but get emotionally invested in her stories. The producer of Baltimore's WJZ-TV got fed up and pulled her off the air. As a consolation, he offered her a role on a daytime TV show.
Winfrey was initially heartbroken. At the time, daytime TV was a huge step down from the evening news. Her sadness quickly faded as the show, "People Are Talking," became a hit.
That success help Oprah find her true calling as a talk show host.
More from Business Insider:
* Proof that old guys can be entrepreneurs
* To be a successful leader, you need to learn how to "do nothing"
* Why companies could get in trouble for accessing your Facebook page
India is preparing to reveal its GDP statistics for the year from April 2012 and March 2013, with official estimates suggesting growth for the period w... More India is preparing to reveal its GDP statistics for the year from April 2012 and March 2013, with official estimates suggesting growth for the period was around 5%.
Date 8 hrs ago, Duration 3:44, Views 44
Have your say
How many credit cards should one person have?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- 73 %Just one. Credit cards should only be used for emergency situations.
- As many as you can. Credit cards are a great way to make purchases and get great rewards.
- None. You should never buy anything on credit.