A Baltimore TV producer told Oprah that she was ‘unfit for television news.’
Evening news reporter Oprah Winfrey couldn't help but get emotionally invested in her stories. The producer of Baltimore's WJZ-TV got fed up and pulled her off the air. As a consolation, he offered her a role on a daytime TV show.
Winfrey was initially heartbroken. At the time, daytime TV was a huge step down from the evening news. Her sadness quickly faded as the show, "People Are Talking," became a hit.
That success help Oprah find her true calling as a talk show host.
More from Business Insider:
* Proof that old guys can be entrepreneurs
* To be a successful leader, you need to learn how to "do nothing"
* Why companies could get in trouble for accessing your Facebook page
Aug. 27 (Bloomberg) –- Bloomberg’s Mike Regan discusses some sectors that haven’t been part of the rally with Julie Hyman on “Street Smart.” (Source: B... More Aug. 27 (Bloomberg) –- Bloomberg’s Mike Regan discusses some sectors that haven’t been part of the rally with Julie Hyman on “Street Smart.” (Source: Bloomberg)
Date 8 hrs ago, Duration 2:50, Views 146
Have your say
How long does it take you to completely unpack after moving in?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- 3 days – I'm an unpacking MACHINE!
- I need a full month just to figure out where to put everything!
- 3 months – I use the boxes as end tables!
- NEVER! I still haven't unpacked everything from the last move.