Woody Allen fired Annabelle Gurwitch from his play and told her she looked 'retarded.'
Annabelle Gurwitch is a comedic actress who has been canned more than a few times. In 2003, director Woody Allen reportedly fired her from his play saying, "What you're doing is terrible, none of it good, all of it bad, don't ever do that again. You look retarded."
In 2006, Gurwitch published a book of essays about being fired called Fired!: Tales of the Canned, Canceled, Downsized, & Dismissed. She seems to have bounced back from Woody's slight, boasting a career as the author of two books, an actress, activist, and NPR commentator.
More from Business Insider:
* Proof that old guys can be entrepreneurs
* To be a successful leader, you need to learn how to "do nothing"
* Why companies could get in trouble for accessing your Facebook page
April 17 (Bloomberg) -- On today’s “The Roundup,” Trish Regan, Julie Hyman, Cristina Alesci and Eric Chemi wrap up the day’s top market stories on Bloo... More April 17 (Bloomberg) -- On today’s “The Roundup,” Trish Regan, Julie Hyman, Cristina Alesci and Eric Chemi wrap up the day’s top market stories on Bloomberg Television’s “Street Smart.” (Source: Bloomberg)
Date 14-04-17, Duration 5:51, Views 1004
Have your say
Is it important to own a house?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- 76 %1. Yes, owning a home is an investment that will pay off.
- 2. No, I'd rather save my money and rent.
- 3. No, I can't afford to buy a home.
- 4. I don't know.