Woody Allen fired Annabelle Gurwitch from his play and told her she looked 'retarded.'
Annabelle Gurwitch is a comedic actress who has been canned more than a few times. In 2003, director Woody Allen reportedly fired her from his play saying, "What you're doing is terrible, none of it good, all of it bad, don't ever do that again. You look retarded."
In 2006, Gurwitch published a book of essays about being fired called Fired!: Tales of the Canned, Canceled, Downsized, & Dismissed. She seems to have bounced back from Woody's slight, boasting a career as the author of two books, an actress, activist, and NPR commentator.
More from Business Insider:
* Proof that old guys can be entrepreneurs
* To be a successful leader, you need to learn how to "do nothing"
* Why companies could get in trouble for accessing your Facebook page
July 28 (Bloomberg) -- Bloomberg’s Adam Johnson reports on today's top headlines on “Bloomberg Surveillance.”
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 0:44, Views 0
Have your say
How long does it take you to completely unpack after moving in?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- 3 days – I'm an unpacking MACHINE!
- I need a full month just to figure out where to put everything!
- 3 months – I use the boxes as end tables!
- NEVER! I still haven't unpacked everything from the last move.