Woody Allen fired Annabelle Gurwitch from his play and told her she looked 'retarded.'
Annabelle Gurwitch is a comedic actress who has been canned more than a few times. In 2003, director Woody Allen reportedly fired her from his play saying, "What you're doing is terrible, none of it good, all of it bad, don't ever do that again. You look retarded."
In 2006, Gurwitch published a book of essays about being fired called Fired!: Tales of the Canned, Canceled, Downsized, & Dismissed. She seems to have bounced back from Woody's slight, boasting a career as the author of two books, an actress, activist, and NPR commentator.
More from Business Insider:
* Proof that old guys can be entrepreneurs
* To be a successful leader, you need to learn how to "do nothing"
* Why companies could get in trouble for accessing your Facebook page
Who's got it right in Canadian housing? We get views from various experts. Today it's Finn Poschmann, Vice President, Research, C.D. Howe Institute
Date 5 hrs ago, Duration 9:22, Views 383
Have your say
How many credit cards should one person have?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- 73 %Just one. Credit cards should only be used for emergency situations.
- As many as you can. Credit cards are a great way to make purchases and get great rewards.
- None. You should never buy anything on credit.