Men still earn more than women, on average. Here is a list of occupations where women can earn a decent wage — and sometimes more than men.
Canada is a land of equal opportunity, where women can work and excel in the same jobs as men. Just don't expect them to get paid the same. In fact, Canadian men earn on average 20 per cent more than their female colleagues, one of the largest gender wage gaps in the developed world.
What jobs should Canadian women target to beef up their earnings? Here are the ten highest-paying careers for women in the nation, including the rare one where females earn more than their male counterparts.
* Salary info courtesy Statistics Canada, current as of 2011.
* Bing: Interview tips for women
Sept. 22 (Bloomberg) -- Bloomberg's Douglas Lavanture discusses the performance of airline stocks with Julie Hyman on "Street Smart." (Source: Bloomberg)
Date 17 mins ago, Duration 2:42, Views 0
Have your say
How long does it take you to completely unpack after moving in?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- 3 days – I'm an unpacking MACHINE!
- I need a full month just to figure out where to put everything!
- 3 months – I use the boxes as end tables!
- NEVER! I still haven't unpacked everything from the last move.