A look at the defining characteristics of some of the major financial centres of the world.
Today, more than half of the world's population lives in cities around the world, where they produce some 80 per cent of the entire planet's GDP. Citigroup enlisted the help of the Economist Intelligence Unit to gauge the most competitive cities on earth, considering how each stacks up against one another. Which of the biggest urban centres is harnessing the best talent, offering the finest culture and boasts the most powerful economy?* Click through to find out.
* Cities are measured by a "Hot Spot Score," which considers how burgeoning cities compete with longstanding ones, reviews where growth is and will be in the future, and explores the link between location, talent, competitiveness, financial maturity and global appeal.
Have your say
How long does it take you to completely unpack after moving in?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- 3 days – I'm an unpacking MACHINE!
- I need a full month just to figure out where to put everything!
- 3 months – I use the boxes as end tables!
- NEVER! I still haven't unpacked everything from the last move.
July 24 (Bloomberg) -- KCG Holdings' A.B. Mendez, Knoll COO Lynn Utter and Bloomberg's Cory Johnson break down Amazon's second-quarter loss on "Street ... More July 24 (Bloomberg) -- KCG Holdings' A.B. Mendez, Knoll COO Lynn Utter and Bloomberg's Cory Johnson break down Amazon's second-quarter loss on "Street Smart." (Source: Bloomberg)
Date 6 hrs ago, Duration 4:35, Views 128