The U.S. falls off the list of the Legatum Institute's most prosperous countries.
For you and your family, the definition of prosperity might be simple. It might mean health, happiness, a roof over your heads, a warm bed, and a stocked pantry.
When defining prosperity for entire nations, the exercise becomes more complex. Using eight measures*, the Legatum Institute has ranked the most prosperous nations on earth. The U.S., still struggling through a recession and fresh off a dicey election, has fallen out of the top 10, but where does Canada land on the world’s scale? Click through to find out.
* Full list of considered variables: economy, entrepreneurship and opportunity, governance, education, health, safety and security, personal freedom and social capital.
Have your say
How long does it take you to completely unpack after moving in?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- 3 days – I'm an unpacking MACHINE!
- I need a full month just to figure out where to put everything!
- 3 months – I use the boxes as end tables!
- NEVER! I still haven't unpacked everything from the last move.
Aug. 22 (Bloomberg) -- Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen said slack remains in the U.S. labor market even after gains made during the five years of ec... More Aug. 22 (Bloomberg) -- Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen said slack remains in the U.S. labor market even after gains made during the five years of economic recovery. Michael McKee reports on “Market Makers.” (Source: Bloomberg)
Date 3 hrs ago, Duration 2:54, Views 20