Unbeknownst to many Canadians, our country’s most sacred brand was under American control for nearly 15 years. In 1995, Tim Hortons was bought up by Wendy’s, the U.S. burger chain that reportedly dropped $400 million for the Canadian donut giant.
After the 2002 death of Dave Thomas, the founder of Wendy’s, Tim’s was spun off into its own American entity in 2006. Despite most of the company’s operations taking place in Canada, the famous double-double franchise remained headquartered in Delaware until 2009, when corporate ownership was shifted back north of the border.
* Video: How Tim Hortons tests its coffee
Have your say
How long does it take you to completely unpack after moving in?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- 3 days – I'm an unpacking MACHINE!
- I need a full month just to figure out where to put everything!
- 3 months – I use the boxes as end tables!
- NEVER! I still haven't unpacked everything from the last move.
Australia's Trade Minister Andrew Robb is trying to prevent a trade row after one of its MPs launched an extraordinary attack on the Chinese government.
Date 34 mins ago, Duration 3:08, Views 0