Another century-old company founded in London, Ont., Imperial Oil was incorporated back in 1880 and today is Canada’s ninth-largest business by revenue, according to TheGlobe & Mail. Imperial Oil, which operates under the brand name Esso in Canada, moved its headquarters to Calgary in 2005, though the energy giant has a surprising connection to the U.S. Nearly 70 per cent of Imperial Oil is owned by ExxonMobil, the Texas-based multinational that’s a direct descendant of the Standard Oil company founded by John D. Rockefeller.
* Bing: How to save on your gas bill
Have your say
How long does it take you to completely unpack after moving in?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- 3 days – I'm an unpacking MACHINE!
- I need a full month just to figure out where to put everything!
- 3 months – I use the boxes as end tables!
- NEVER! I still haven't unpacked everything from the last move.
Sept. 23 (Bloomberg) -- Bloomberg “Money Clip” Host Adam Johnson reports on the UN Climate Summit 2014 in New York. (Source: Bloomberg)
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 2:11, Views 13