John Labatt founded the Labatt Brewing Company more than 160 years ago in London, Ont. Despite being the nation’s largest brewer today, Labatt has not been under Canadian control for more than 15 years. In 1995, the beer maker was acquired by Belgian brewing conglomerate Interbrew, which later became known as InBev after a merger with beer giant AmBev in 2004. In 2008, InBev merged with American Anheuser-Busch to create a new beer company, Anheuser-Bush InBev, a multinational brewing arm that now controls the Labatt brand in Canada.*
* Labatt products are brewed and sold in the U.S. by a separate company, North American Breweries.
* Video: Is beer damaging the Bond brand?
Have your say
Is it important to own a house?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- 76 %1. Yes, owning a home is an investment that will pay off.
- 2. No, I'd rather save my money and rent.
- 3. No, I can't afford to buy a home.
- 4. I don't know.
New research suggests that physical formats for music, like CDs, cassettes and vinyl are experiencing a revival, particularly among younger buyers, des... More New research suggests that physical formats for music, like CDs, cassettes and vinyl are experiencing a revival, particularly among younger buyers, despite digital downloads.
Date 14-04-18, Duration 1:46, Views 993