Stores closed: 2 in 2010
The fortunes of Pier 1, not unlike other major retailers, have been tied to the swells and swoons of consumer spending. Before the recession, business was fair for Pier 1, its stock maintaining a value of just below $8 per share. But at the peak of the downturn the retailer's share price nearly bottomed out (it hit $0.21 per unit in February of 2009), forcing the California-founded company to restructure. Pier 1 shuttered two of its underperforming Canadian locations in March of this year, ahead of positive sales figures the home décor chain announced earlier this month. Still, despite same-store sales rising 11.2 per cent in its last fiscal quarter, a company spokesperson said Pier 1 has no plans to reopen/open any locations in Canada this year.
* Bing: Pier 1 Imports coupons
How long does it take you to completely unpack after moving in?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- 3 days – I'm an unpacking MACHINE!
- I need a full month just to figure out where to put everything!
- 3 months – I use the boxes as end tables!
- NEVER! I still haven't unpacked everything from the last move.