These companies have transformed themselves from ordinary businesses into household names.
Canada is not home to Apple, nor to Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram. In fact, rare is the hot company du jour that runs its operations through the Great White North.
But what we do have is a litany of home-grown businesses we're proud to call Canadian — some of the sturdiest, most iconic brands ever to be exported across the world. With data from Interbrand's latest report*, here are the 10 brands worth the most in Canada.
* Brands are ranked according to the financial health of the company, the role of the brand in customers' purchase decisions and the strength of the brand. Interbrand's most recent survey was released in 2010.
Have your say
How long does it take you to completely unpack after moving in?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- 3 days – I'm an unpacking MACHINE!
- I need a full month just to figure out where to put everything!
- 3 months – I use the boxes as end tables!
- NEVER! I still haven't unpacked everything from the last move.
Aug.22 -- Bloomberg “Money Clip” Host Adam Johnson reports on some tennis stars loading up on the calories before the U.S. Open. (Source: Bloomberg)
Date 14 hrs ago, Duration 0:46, Views 228