Canada's top economies
In that most Canadian way, Canucks love to bicker. With passion but without genuine hostility, those from the east chastise those from the west; Albertans deride Ontarians for claiming fiscal superiority; Habs fans look toward Toronto and chuckle at the Little Hockey Team That Can't.
When it comes to economic performance, though, how can we tell who's on top? Why, you consider nine complex market variables, that's how. The Metropolitan Economic Activity Index* is CIBC's way of measuring each Canadian city against one another, gauging which metropolises have the brightest business prospects. What towns are the hottest now? Click through to find out.
* The Metropolitan Economic Activity Index is a composite tally accounting for nine readings: population growth, employment growth, unemployment rate, full-time share in total employment, personal bankruptcy rate, business bankruptcy rate, housing starts, MLS housing resales and non-residential building permits.
Have your say
How long does it take you to completely unpack after moving in?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- 3 days – I'm an unpacking MACHINE!
- I need a full month just to figure out where to put everything!
- 3 months – I use the boxes as end tables!
- NEVER! I still haven't unpacked everything from the last move.
Sept. 19 (Bloomberg) –- Bloomberg Intelligence’s Praveen Menon discusses Alibaba’s IPO and expansion plans with Matt Miller on “Street Smart.” (Source:... More Sept. 19 (Bloomberg) –- Bloomberg Intelligence’s Praveen Menon discusses Alibaba’s IPO and expansion plans with Matt Miller on “Street Smart.” (Source: Bloomberg)
Date 14-09-19, Duration 2:46, Views 411