6. Rick George, CEO, Suncor Energy: $14.9 million
6. Rick George, CEO, Suncor Energy
2011 compensation: $14.9 million
Rick George is like many of Canada's best-paid CEOs, in that his annual compensation dwarfs that of regular Canadians in the wildest way. Way back in 1995, the top 50 CEOs in Canada made 85 times the average national pay. In 2011, due to execs like George, who earned more than $9 million in company shares and stock options that year, the top 50 CEOs in Canada made 235 times the average national pay.
* Video: Meet 'Canada's Mark Zuckerberg'
Have your say
How long does it take you to completely unpack after moving in?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- 3 days – I'm an unpacking MACHINE!
- I need a full month just to figure out where to put everything!
- 3 months – I use the boxes as end tables!
- NEVER! I still haven't unpacked everything from the last move.
Sept. 21 (Bloomberg) - Bloomberg’s Stephanie Ruhle reports that the Centers for Disease Control in Washington warned of the possibility of Ebola virus ... More Sept. 21 (Bloomberg) - Bloomberg’s Stephanie Ruhle reports that the Centers for Disease Control in Washington warned of the possibility of Ebola virus cases escalating to 1.4 million in Sierra Leone and Liberia by January 2015. She speaks on “Market Makers.”
Date 29 mins ago, Duration 0:26, Views 0