7. Donald Walker, CEO, Magna International: $14.8 million
7. Donald Walker, CEO, Magna International
2011 compensation: $14.8 million
Magna International, the Ontario-based auto parts giant, is the only company to have two CEOs, one current and one former, to appear on this list. Indeed, so generous is the company that it richly rewards bosses past and present, beginning here with Donald Walker, who took over as sole CEO in 2010*. Walker's 2011 salary, according to the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives, was only $307,106, but add in his bonus ($6.85 million), company shares ($3.43 million) and company options ($3.87 million) for a complete picture of his 2011 compensation package.
* Walker served as Magna co-CEO from 2005-2010.
Have your say
Is it important to own a house?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- 76 %1. Yes, owning a home is an investment that will pay off.
- 2. No, I'd rather save my money and rent.
- 3. No, I can't afford to buy a home.
- 4. I don't know.
New research suggests that physical formats for music, like CDs, cassettes and vinyl are experiencing a revival, particularly among younger buyers, des... More New research suggests that physical formats for music, like CDs, cassettes and vinyl are experiencing a revival, particularly among younger buyers, despite digital downloads.
Date 14-04-18, Duration 1:46, Views 1217