8. Gerald Schwartz, CEO, Onex Corp.: $14.1 million
8. Gerald Schwartz, CEO, Onex Corp.
2011 compensation: $14.1 million
The board at Onex Corp., one of Canada's foremost private equity firms, must have liked what Gerald Schwartz got done in 2011. That year, during which Onex's stock price rose nearly $4 per share, Schwartz was paid a modest $1.29 million salary, but was festooned with one of the largest bonuses in the country. Schwartz received an extra $12.85 million, more on its own than the entire annual compensation of the two previous CEOs to appear on this list.
Have your say
How long does it take you to completely unpack after moving in?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- 3 days – I'm an unpacking MACHINE!
- I need a full month just to figure out where to put everything!
- 3 months – I use the boxes as end tables!
- NEVER! I still haven't unpacked everything from the last move.
July 25 (Bloomberg) -- Bloomberg's Trish Regan, Matt Miller and Julie Hyman report on today’s top ten stocks on “Street Smart.” (Source: Bloomberg)
Date 35 mins ago, Duration 3:53, Views 0