9. Robert Friedland, (former) CEO, Ivanhoe Mines: $12.6 million
9. Robert Friedland, (former) CEO, Ivanhoe Mines
2011 compensation: $12.6 million
More than any other CEO in this top 10 list, Friedland's 2011 pay package was directly tied to his job performance. That year, according to the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives, Friedland earned more than 85 per cent ($10.8 million) of his compensation in company shares, meaning that value could sink or swim in relation to the stock price of Ivanhoe Mines. In August 2012, Ivanhoe Mines changed its name to Turquoise Hill Resources as part of a 51 per cent stake buyout, and company founder Friedland stepped down as CEO.
* Bing: Top female CEOs
Have your say
How long does it take you to completely unpack after moving in?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- 3 days – I'm an unpacking MACHINE!
- I need a full month just to figure out where to put everything!
- 3 months – I use the boxes as end tables!
- NEVER! I still haven't unpacked everything from the last move.
The chief executive of De Beers says that China will be the 'engine' of growth for the diamond market.
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 2:41, Views 0