1. Frank Stronach, (former) CEO, Magna International: $41 million
1. Frank Stronach, (former) CEO, Magna International
2011 compensation: $41 million
Frank Stronach is royalty when it comes to Canadian business, having moved to Canada as a working-class Austrian immigrant only to lead auto parts maker Magna International into becoming one of the nation's largest companies. Stronach actually stepped down as Magna CEO in 2010 (he shared the position with Donald Walker for the previous five years) but continues to receive the most generous payout in the country. As he was the year before, Stronach is by far the best-paid executive in Canada, earning $41 million in 2011 on top of the $62 million he took home a year earlier. More than $38 million of the 2011 payout was in the form of a bonus for Stronach, who has since stepped down from Magna’s board in order to run for political office in his native Austria.
Have your say
How long does it take you to completely unpack after moving in?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- 3 days – I'm an unpacking MACHINE!
- I need a full month just to figure out where to put everything!
- 3 months – I use the boxes as end tables!
- NEVER! I still haven't unpacked everything from the last move.
The Scottish referendum campaign is being watched closely by the business community in Pakistan, particularly by makers of traditional bagpipes and kilts.
Date 3 hrs ago, Duration 2:16, Views 11